MICHELE C. RUTH, PE
3020 SE Saint Lucie Blvd
Stuart, Florida 34996
(772) 631-6533 (cell)
State of Florida - Educator’s Certificate – Athletic Coaching
Licensed Professional Engineer - Florida, Maryland, Delaware and Pennsylvania
M.S. Civil Engineering / Hydrogeology, Lehigh University, 1985
B.S. Chemical Engineering, Lehigh University, 1982
ATHLETIC AND COACHING EXPERIENCE SUMMARY
Captain of the Women’s Lacrosse and Field Hockey Teams at Lehigh University, located outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, playing in multiple national championship tournaments for both sports. Also participated on the Lehigh Swimming, Water Polo, Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee Teams. After graduating from Lehigh with a degree in chemical engineering, moved to New Zealand, doing extensive trekking and open-ocean swimming. Returned to Lehigh to begin career as a coach of the Women’s Lacrosse and Field Hockey Teams, which were both highly-ranked, Division I teams that advanced to National Championship Play-Offs.
Coached a variety of sports and age groups over the past 40 years. In addition to her Division I college coaching experience at Lehigh, also has the following lacrosse coaching experience:
- Power 5 Lacrosse: Organize, promote and coach at recruiting camps with top D1 college coaches – Since 2016
- Barefoot Lacrosse: Founder, Director + Coach for international club, providing recruiting support and training, on and off the field, since 2009
- New Zealand Women’s Lacrosse: Technical Director 2017 World Cup Team; Consultant to Under 19 World Championship Team – 2014 to 2019
- XTEAM: Coaching, Marketing + Recruiting Support at international travel lacrosse club – based in New York, with players from the US, Canada + New Zealand – 2012 - 2017.
- Lax Maniax: Coach + recruiting support for club based in Southeast, US, 2017-2018.
- The Benjamn School: Head Coach of Girls' Lacrosse - since 2019 - 2021.
- Jensen Beach High School: Head Coach of Girls’ Lacrosse - 2009 - 2016.
- The Pine School: Head Girls’ Lacrosse Coach and Soccer Coach – 2006 - 2009.
- Anne Arundel Commmunity College: Women’s Lacrosse Coach – early 1990’s.
- Coach of other competitive lacrosse club teams in Maryland and Florida – late 1980’s to present.
- Director and Coach at numerous training weekends, camps and clinics to train players, coaches and referees – 1980’s to present.
Coach Ruth has also coached youth basketball, and recreational and competitive youth soccer teams in MD and FL. She holds the highest Florida state coaching license for soccer, and has coached high school soccer. Coach Ruth also started and coached two competitive girls’ soccer teams at Jensen Beach Soccer Club.
Ms. Ruth has taught swimming, canoeing and other water sports after getting certified as a lifeguard, and then as a Water Safety Instructor. She worked as a camp counselor and aquatics instructor teaching these skills at an overnight summer camp for six years, and continued private instruction of swimming for more than a decade. She is an avid surfer, and occasionally competes in surfing contests.
Consulting and Research- Ms. Ruth is the President of Ruth Associates, Inc., a nation-wide consulting firm specializing in the investigation and remediation of soil and groundwater contamination and water supply. As an expert hydrogeologic consultant, she has directed environmental investigations and the design and implementation of programs to clean-up the soils and groundwater at more than a hundred sites, including landfills and a variety of industrial sites. Prior to establishing Ruth Associates, Inc. in 1989, Ms. Ruth worked for an international consulting firm, Geraghty & Miller, Inc. Ms. Ruth relocated from Annapolis, Maryland to Stuart, Florida with her family in 2002, and continues to provide environmental consulting services.